ABOUT THE NCIM
The mandates of the NCIM are:
- Operate the track cycling programs at the Mattamy National Cycling Centre (MNCC). These programs span try the tracks and certifications for new riders all the way to race nights and advanced training for serious racers.
- Operate Youth Programming. This includes the Youth High-Performance Program which provides ongoing coaching and racing support for high-performance youth riders. This program is aligned with both the Ontario Cycling Association (OCA) and Cycling Canada Cyclisme (CCC) Long Term Athlete Development model (LTAD).
- Engage in child and youth outreach cycling programs such as School Trips and Summer Camps to build a strong base of cycling participants in Canada.
Running track cycling programs within NCIM, an independent entity, has a number of benefits:
- Access to world class coaching support and infrastructure
- Flexible programming
- Ability to quickly meet the changing needs of its participants
- Ability to engage and retain athletes within a sport specific development structure
NCIM Concussion Awareness
All individuals participating in any sport or physical activity should be aware of some of the symptoms of concussions and what to do if you suspect a concussion. To better familiarize yourself, we ask all members to consult the Rowan’s Law Concussion Awareness Resources available through the Ontario Government at: