Hello Track Riders,
We found out yesterday that the Town’s lighting renovation project is taking longer than anticipated and we will have to cancel all evening classes Sept 20-24 as a result. We will put these passes back on your account for future use.
At this point the Town is not expecting the additional closure to last more than a week. Thank you for your patience in this- I know it’s frustrating after so long away from the track.
Also after Sept 22nd the velodrome will be following the new provincial regulations around proof of vaccination for recreational and sporting facilities. The Town of Milton’s communication on this is included below.
National Cycling Institute Milton
The provincial government announced on September 1 that they would be implementing a ‘vaccine passport/certificate’ and that mandatory vaccinations would be required prior to entering some non-essential businesses.
The regulations were released yesterday and this memo provides a high-level overview on how this requirement will be applied in Town of Milton community centre/recreation settings effective September 22.
Mandatory vaccination requirement
- Patrons 18 years of age and older – must show proof of being fully vaccinated and present government-issued identification upon entry.
- Youth 12-17 using a gym or other area with exercise equipment or weights
- All spectators age 12 and older with proof provided as written above
Exemptions for vaccination requirement
- Any patron 18 years of age and older with written documentation supplied by a physician or nurse practitioner indicating a medical reason for not being fully vaccinated and government issued identification;
- Youth under 12 years of age;
- Youth under 18 years entering the facility for the purpose of actively participating in an organized sport and associated coaches, volunteers and officials involved with organized sport are exempt. Examples of this activity include: sports leagues, swimming lessons, dance classes, martial arts and applies to training, practices, games and competitions.
Proof of Vaccine Guidance
document provided by the Ministry of Health that contains additional information including what the government considers ‘fully vaccinated’. Appendix A outlines the requirements for patrons in ‘Indoor Sport & Recreational Fitness Facilities’.
We are aware that some Provincial Sport Organizations have implemented their own vaccine mandates in order to participate/volunteer however the screening that takes place as patrons enter the facilities will be based on Provincial public health regulations as they supersede all policies put in place by groups. The sport organizations will be required to monitor any additional policies as required by your governing body.
Staff are reviewing our operational requirements and may need to make adjustments to the screening process, capacity limits, facility hours, and program offerings to achieve compliance with the new regulations.
As a reminder, the Town of Milton must comply with the provincial regulations in order to operate our facilities and any attempt to intimidate, bully or verbally abuse staff will not be tolerated.
As always, thank you for your continued support throughout this event.